Gentlemen’s Quest of Tampa Inc. is dedicated to helping our program participants realize their full potential as students, make positive choices regarding their academics and behavior, and equip them with the skills necessary to become productive citizens after they graduate. To accomplish this mission, we host workshops and activities that will provide students with strategies to be successful in difficult situations. Students attend meetings that are structured and targeted. The academic and behavioral progress of the students are monitored regularly. Throughout this process, their intellectual, emotional, and relational capacity expands by providing key experiences that contribute to their developmental growth.
As a result of the implementation of this endeavor, there will be
- a reduction of occurrences of misconduct,
- improved attendance at school,
- higher achievement in all subject areas, and
- increased awareness of one’s self.
The youth programs provided by the Gentlemen’s Quest of Tampa Inc. include:
- The Community-Based Program is offered for teenage youth in the Tampa Bay area to have the opportunity to share their individual hopes and fears in a safe environment. Through structured activities, the youth learn from their mentors, their peers, and themselves. They are given the tools to build their intellectual, emotional, and relational capacity and construct an identity based on respect, accountability, and responsibility so they can embark on the path to manhood unfettered. The students engage in weekly experiences that result in enhanced relationships, increased school performance, strengthened family connections, and positive contributions to society, while being freed from addiction and violence.
- Site-Based Programs are designed to support students within schools to improve academic performance, increase attendance in school, and reduce occurrences of misbehavior. Site-based programs can be offered in elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Career Explorations Camp is a program currently offered to Hillsborough County students, between the ages of 14 and 18 that explores science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics. The Career Explorations Camp is a project-based summer program that will provide students the opportunity to increase their math proficiency, while exploring various careers. Additionally, students will increase their writing skills through developing a persuasive writing argument that will be presented in the capstone project. Students attend an eight (8) day camp and are supported with proven curriculum and experienced industry professionals passionate about technology and community empowerment.
- The Testing Boot Camp is a specialized series of tutorial sessions designed to equip students with the tools necessary to be successful on standardized test. Specific focuses are given to the English Language Arts (ELA) Florida State Assessment, Algebra 1 and Biology End-of-Course Exams and the SAT/ACT.
- College Readiness for Parents is a course created to educate parents and guardians on how to best support their child as they matriculate through secondary school to college. Parents are guided through the process of completing their child’s FAFSA application. College admissions representatives are invited to speak to parents regarding the requirements to get accepted in college. College Readiness for Parents will be held on the first Wednesday of each month.
- The Job Readiness Program is a partnership that has been forged between the Raymond James Stadium, the University of South Florida, and Amalie Arena. Our students are able to work at these facilities to gain skills that equip them for various careers. All of our students open a bank account and learn money management and financial literacy using the data from their account and the money that is made from working.
Our program is located at 2631 East Lake Avenue, Tampa, FL 33610.
Board of Directors
In the News
Since 2014, GQ students have served as ambassadors, representing Hillsborough County Schools, Educators for Change, and other local organizations.
GQ students regularly serves our community through various community service projects.